The Kew Historical Society is one of the oldest suburb-based historical societies in Melbourne. Williamstown Historical Society was formed in 1955, while the Kew Historical Society and the Ringwood & District Historical Society were founded in 1958.
The Kew Historical Society was formed to assist in the preparations for Kew’s 100th Anniversary in 1960. Today, the Society continues to work with local government and other organisations within Kew to stimulate interest in our history and heritage. It publishes, in print and online, information and resources to inform people about Kew’s history, as well as organising events relevant to our heritage. The Society has been affiliated with the Royal Historical Society of Victoria since 1959, and works with other historical societies and groups across the City of Boroondara through the Boroondara Historical Societies Association.
Find out more
To read more about the Society select one of the following links.
Kew Historical Society Inc.
PO Box 175
Kew VIC 3101