In 1958, as the newly established Kew Historical Society began planning for the Centenary of Kew, the committee also began to prepare the Society’s first publication: the ‘City of Kew Centenary 1860-1960’. This 23-page publication recounted the story of Kew in two parts. The first part told of the early history of Kew, its institutions and prominent citizens. The second part covered the City and its street names. Since that first publication, the Society has continued to publish walking tours, catalogues for exhibitions, and articles.
Publications available through the Kew Historical Society include: