NEW STORIES THEY TELL: A HISTORY OF KEW THROUGH OBJECTS
Stories They Tell includes 31 specially selected objects from the Kew Historical Society collection, each with full page illustrations, and accompanying ‘stories’ identifying each object’s historic, artistic, research or spiritual relevance to Kew. The text accompanying each item was researched and written by members of the Society’s Research Group.
Limited edition of 100 copies. Cost $25
FROM MUNICIPALITY TO CITY: CHAIRMEN & MAYORS OF KEW 1861–1994
A biographical and social history of Kew including a series of illustrated biographical and autobiographical profiles of former civic leaders, which explore the political, social cultural and economic history of Kew from the earliest years of European settlement to the amalgamation of Kew into the City of Boroondara in 1994.
Copies of our publications can be purchased at monthly meetings and at the Kew Court House. Mail order, contact The Secretary KHS.
All but one of the following publications were written by or had input from Kew Historical Society members. The other, Kew’s Civic Century’ by Cr. W.D. Vaughan, is also available for purchase.
- 1960: Kew Historical Society, City of Kew Centenary (PDF 6.3Mb)
- 1960: Vaughan, W.D., Kew’s Civic Century, W.D. Vaughan Pty Ltd.
- 1981: Kew Historical Society, Touring Round Kew.
- 1981: Mackie, E, The Artists of Kew.
- 1984: Kew Historical Society, Tours of Kew, No.2.
- 1986: Kew Historical Society, Mini Stroll Around Kew, No.1.
- 1988: Kew Living 1988, City of Kew.
- Undated: Giles, B, Leaves from the History of Kew: The lost village of Edgevale.
Print copies of many of these publications are available for purchase. Any inquiries, please contact The Secretary,