The Society’s Mission
To stimulate our community’s interest in the economic, social, cultural and environmental history and heritage of Kew and its environs.
The Society’s Purpose
The Kew Historical Society works for the benefit of its members and the broader community to:
- Provide a place where printed materials, photographs, publications and other objects which have significance to the history and heritage of Kew and its environs can be discovered, collected, studied, interpreted, preserved and displayed.
- Encourage the study, collection, preservation and exhibition of both historical and significant contemporary objects pertaining particularly to Kew and its environs.
- Inform and educate the public of our economic, social, cultural and environmental history and heritage through activities such as research, publications, talks, workshops and displays.
- Cooperate with the community and like organisations in activities that promote history and/or heritage to our mutual benefit.
- Publicise threats to heritage in Kew and support individuals and groups seeking to preserve historic buildings, traditions and landscapes.